We are delighted to offer a number of tour options. Please read below to find out more.
THE GRAND TOUR OF SKYE
This 9 hour group tour operates from April until the end of September and is designed for those relatively experienced at hiking (so hiking boots/shoes or sneakers and waterproofs are essential). We visit less locations than on the Skye In A Day tour but spend more time allowing you to leisurely explore each place without rushing and include a 2 hour hike in The Quiraing. This is a genuinely small group tour for a maximum of 8 passengers. We pick up from and drop off at your accommodation in the Portree area (starting at around 9am and returning back for around 6pm - individual pick up time will be given via e-mail once booking has been received) and, as there is no lunch stop on this tour, we ask that passengers bring a packed lunch to eat enroute. There will be coffee and bathroom stops during the tour visiting the following locations:-
1. Walk to the famous Fairy Pools - an easy 1 hour 15 minutes
2. Visit Neist Point (the most westerly point on Skye) for a walk to capture the iconic photograph of the scenery and lighthouse - an easy 45 minutes
3. Walk up to Castle Ewen, the Fairy Fort, and admire the mysterious landscape of the Fairy Glen - an easy 30 minute stop
4. Explore the magnificent Quiraing with its unique rock pinnacles and amazing views over the sea to mainland Scotland - a 2 hour hike in the Quiraing.
Timings given for stops are approximate and will depend on the weather on the day - your driver guide will advise of the time you'll have at each location. This tour is suitable only for those fit and able to complete a 2 hour hike of the Quiraing.
SKYE IN A DAY TOUR
From mid March to mid October we offer a leisurely 9 hour group tour, suitable for all ages, departing from Portree Somerled Square bus station at 9am, returning at around 6pm. For those visiting Neist Point, please bring a packed lunch with you onto the tour to eat enroute. Full itinerary is as follows:-
1. The Old Man of Storr (Photostop)
2. Kilt Rock (Photostop)
3. The Quiraing
4. Fairy Glen
5. Dunvegan Castle (**1 hour and 30 minutes allowed if not visiting Neist Point - entry into the castle an extra cost to be paid locally) OR
6. Neist Point
7. Dun Beag Broch
8. Fairy Pools (*1 hour 15 minute walk from the car park to the pools and back again)
* for those not wishing to or not able to do the Fairy Pools walk then we offer some easily accessible alternative locations
** Unless you plan to visit Dunvegan Castle and cafe, please bring a packed lunch
We reserve the right to change the itinerary depending on the weather on the day - your driver guide will advise of the time you'll have at each location.
Skye Scenic Tours are delighted to offer private tour options for up to 8 passengers, for up to 9 hours. We work with you to tailor a bespoke itinerary suited to your interests, possible in the time we have with you. Our Private Tours are available from the north of Skye only.
Stunning tours of the Isle of Skye